PRSA-NY Announces 2018 Board of Directors
Monday, January 8, 2018
For IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Vice President of Marketing, PRSA-NY
PRSA-NY Announces 2018 Board of Directors
New Leadership to Focus on Diversity & Inclusion and Professional Development with a Reinvigorated Commitment to Serving Members and All PR Professionals in the New York Metropolitan Area
NEW YORK, NY | January 8, 2018 – The Public Relations Society of America-New York Chapter (PRSA-NY), the professional development and networking organization serving the public relations industry in the New York metro area, has announced its 2018 Board of Directors and chapter leadership. With a particular focus on issues such as diversity and inclusion and a reinvigorated commitment to serving the industry through robust programming and mentorship, PRSA-NY enters 2018 with an impassioned group of members led by its board, chairs and committees.
“PRSA-NY is committed to serving the interests and needs of our members and the PR community in our area – that means taking a stand on issues that are important and serving as a resource for anyone in the industry with an interest in professional development and growth,” says Sharon D. Fenster, chapter president and president of Fenster Communications. “Our commitment extends to all public relations professionals in the area. Whether it’s diversity and inclusion, workplace harassment or offering programs that provide real-time tools for PR professionals to be prepared to thrive in the ever-changing landscape of our field, PRSA-NY is more purpose-driven than ever as we strive towards being a change agent, standard-bearer and resource.”
On the horizon for 2018 will be dedicated efforts around Diversity and Inclusion, including the collection of diversity data, a certification program of Diversity and Inclusion best practices based on what the data reveals and the formation of a Diversity Advisory Board; elevated levels of professional development and educational programs including the return of the popular Meet the Media events. PRSA-NY’s signature initiatives such as the Big Apple Awards and 15 Under 35 Awards will be further enhanced in 2018 in order to broaden the scope and recognize the achievements of industry professionals and the most impactful work across the spectrum of public relations specialties.
The following will serve as chapter officers and members of its board of directors in 2018:
- President: Sharon Fenster, President, Fenster Communications
- Immediate Past President: Olga Gonzalez, President, Pietra PR
- President-Elect: Doug Simon, President and CEO, D S Simon Media
- VP, Marketing: Helen Shelton, Senior Partner, Finn Partners
- VP, Membership: Joan Cear, Senior Vice President, Kellen Communications
- VP, Programs: David Rosen, Managing Director, Brand Innovation & Analytics, Citadel
- Secretary: Jacquie McMahon, Senior Account Executive, Ketchum
- Treasurer: Alan Marcus, Senior Vice President, SHIFT Communications
The following will represent the chapter as directors on the board for 2018:
- Programming Associate Director: Traci Broadnax, Manager of Media Relations, (North), Nielsen
- Director of Finance: Natan Edelsburg, SVP Media, Muck Rack & Shorty Awards
- Programming Senior Director: Tori Fernandes, Head of AdSales Communications, Disney/ABC
- Marketing Senior Director: David Graubard
- Membership Senior Director: Lynne Scott Jackson, President & CEO, Millynneum Inc.
- 15 Under 35 Senior Director: Kellie Jelencovich, Senior Account Executive, MSL Group
- Big Apple Senior Director: Sarah Katz, VP of Business Development, D S Simon Media
- Marketing Associate Director: Lauren Miller, Senior Account Executive, Bread & Butter PR
- Membership Associate Director: Meredith Ulrich, Strategy Consultant, Essense Partners
For more information, please visit prsany.org; and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The Public Relations Society of America, New York City chapter is the industry go-to for knowledge and networking for communications professionals in the New York metro area. Established in 1947, PRSA-NY is one of the founding chapters of the Public Relations Society of America, the world's largest professional organization for public relations practitioners, and the third largest PRSA local chapter in the U.S. It serves the interests of public relations professionals working in business and industry, counseling firms, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms and nonprofit organizations. Chapter board and committee members are volunteer public relations professionals who work in the New York metropolitan area. For more information, please visit our website and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
# # #