“The Future of PR”
Will technology eliminate our jobs? As the media industry contracts, how will we influence the influencers? What do practitioners need to do to become tomorrow’s leaders?
Featuring PR legends – Bill Doescher, Barri Rafferty, Jon Iwata & Grace Leong
…plus a book signing & celebratory toast!
Join PRSA-NY for a provocative evening event about "The Future of PR" and celebrating the publication of Chapter Past President Bill Doescher’s new book, “Dear Folks: Essays and Insights from a Public Relations Leader.” A memoir reflecting Doescher’s experiences as a long-term PR practitioner and leader, this book brings several of his PR lessons to life.
Then, be inspired by Barri Rafferty, Jon Iwata and Grace Leong as they discuss their own vision of T"he Future of PR." There will be an open mic for you to share your own vision and ask the panel questions.
Wednesday, April 17, 2019
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
228 E. 45th St. (bet. 2nd and 3rd Aves.)
New York City
This event is limited to 50 people! Get in early to avoid being closed out.
Doescher will recap some of the captivating anecdotes from his long-career including:
- The time, working for Chase Manhattan Bank, when he invited prominent journalists to “rob the bank” as a promotion for the bank’s new security cameras. And then the police arrived…
- His torn deliberation about uprooting his family and moving from New York to Drexel, North Carolina for an amazing PR job opportunity… and what that taught him.
- How networking and speaking with friends created repeat PR career opportunities he could never have imagined.
- The importance of having multiple mentors and being a mentor.
Our panel of featured PR practitioners will each weigh in with their own view of “Where is PR Headed?”
- Barri Rafferty, Partner, CEO and President, Ketchum (Past PRSA-NY President)
- Jon Iwata, Executive Fellow, Yale School of Management and IBM senior advisor (following a 35-year career at IBM); and
- Grace Leong, CEO and Partner, Hunter
- Henry Feintuch, President, Feintuch Communications (past PRSA-NY president)
Attendees will participate in a sparkling wine toast celebrating the book’s publication.
There will also be a book autographing session for those purchasing a copy (published by PR Museum Press).
Our thanks to Makovsky for providing the venue for this event; and to Researchscape International for its generous sponsorship.
6:00 – 6:30 PM Registration/Networking/Book Signing; refreshments
6:30 – 6:35 PM Chapter Announcements
6:35 – 6:40 PM Welcome, Champagne Toast & Introductions- Henry Feintuch, moderator, past president
6:40 – 7:00 PM Bill Doescher: Fun/meaningful anecdotes from the book; PR lessons learned
7:00 – 7:30 PM Panelist Reflections: The Future of PR: Barri Rafferty, Jon Iwata, Grace Leong
7:30 – 7:55 PM Open Mic, your views on where our industry is headed
7:55 – 8:00 PM Wrap-up; Networking (bring business cards)
Student/New Pro Members: $15
Member plus book: $55
Non-member plus book: $65
Extra books: $25 each (collected on-site)
Many thanks to our generous sponsors:
The New York Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America is one of the oldest, largest, and most prominent public relations Chapters in the country. Located in the media capital of the world, it offers top-level professional development, networking, mentoring, and awards. PRSA-NY serves communications professionals in agencies, businesses, nonprofit organizations, and government, as well as independent practitioners.
Photograph and Video Policy:
PRSA-NY often photographs or records footage of its events and by attending the event you may be photographed or filmed. PRSA-NY may use any such footage to promote PRSA-NY in any manner and in any media for any purpose whatsoever throughout the world.
Reservations and cancellations will be accepted until 12 noon the business day prior to the event and must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not cancel by the deadline you remain responsible for the registration fee.
Contact the PRSA-NY office at (212) 228-7228 or email@example.com with any questions.