Hurricanes, blackouts, and worse. They are the events that turn crisis communications into disaster communications, and too few of us are prepared to meet the challenge head-on.
Join us Tuesday, September 25th as part of National Preparedness Month for a special discussion on "Disaster Communications: Preparing Yourself, Your Team, and Your Company for the Unexpected."
Our panel of expert speakers features:
* MSNBC: Errol Cockfield, Senior VP of Communications
* The American Red Cross: Michael de Vullpillieres, Communications Officer
* NY City Emergency Management Agency: Allison Pennisi, Director of Communications
* Fleishman-Hillard: Chris Nelson, Senior VP, Crisis Lead for the Americas
We will learn:
* The predictable phases of disasters from the industry leaders who have experienced them
* Why you must first prepare personally before you can perform professionally
* Why NYC's status as a global media center impacts every decision you make
* How the 'tribalization' of social media could affect future disaster communications
This event is produced by Worst Case Scenario, the crisis communications-focused MeetUp proudly hosted by PRSA-NY.
WHAT: Disaster Communications: Preparing Yourself, Your Team, and Your Company for the Unexpected
WHERE: Fleishman-Hillard, 220 East 42nd Street
WHEN: September 25, 6-7:30pm