The New York Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA-NY), organized in 1948, is a founding chapter of the PRSA, the world's largest professional organization for public relations practitioners.
The Chapter provides services to members in business and industry, counseling firms, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms and nonprofit organizations. We also support PRSSA organizations at local universities.
The Chapter's goals are to:
- Advance the art and science of public relations in accord with the public interest;
- Encourage research, discussion and study of the challenges and techniques of the public relations profession;
- Strengthen and maintain the highest standards of service and ethical conduct by all members of the profession;
- Exchange ideas and experiences and collect and disseminate information that may enhance or improve the professional knowledge, standards, ethics and understanding of the membership;
- Promote fraternalism within the profession.
The Chapter holds more than twenty events a year, with something for everyone. The program line-up includes monthly networking events, themed "meet the media" programs, skills workshops, and special events such as industry roundtables and discussions with senior leaders.
The chapter also hosts a variety of special offerings, events and participation programs, such as
- The annual Big Apple Awards competition celebrates the best work of the tri-state area.
- The Mentoring program helps senior people serve as a source of advice and information to advance members' careers while providing those with one to five years of experience with access to industry professionals who can help you succeed in your new career by sharing information, advice and recommendations only obtainable by experience.
- The Professional Partners program offers unique opportunities for suppliers and service companies to support the Chapter as they grow their businesses.
- The PRSA-NY Job Bank helps match employers and job seekers throughout the tri-state area. Members may search for opportunities. Employers are charged a nominal fee for posting job openings, which are also emailed monthly to all members