PRSA-NY 15 UNDER 35 AWARDS
Younger professionals are having more influence and impact than ever on the daily operations and long-term future of public relations. The PRSA-NY 15 Under 35 Awards – the first awards for the Greater New York PR community’s foremost talent and emerging leaders, awarded by the New York PR community – recognizes young leaders for their hard work and innovation.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2017 AWARDS ARE NOW OPEN
The New York Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA-NY) is once again recognizing the most inspiring and ambitious young talent in communications with its PRSA-NY 15 Under 35 Awards. The awards, now in their second year, acknowledge and celebrate 15 of the foremost emerging leaders in communications in the New York metro area, the global center of media. The awards stand apart in being the only of their kind honoring rising New York PR professionals, awarded exclusively by those best equipped to judge: New York PR professionals.
Now through September 15, mentors, professors, managers and supervisors alike are encouraged to recognize top talent and nominate a PR professional under 35 years of age, whether employed at an agency or in-house, with at least five years of experience. Self-nominations are also being accepted. There is no cost for submitting nominations. Winners will be honored during an awards ceremony in November, and will be given a seat on the PRSA-NY Young Professionals Advisory Committee, part of the PRSA-NY Board of Directors, from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2018.
To nominate an outstanding PR Professional under 35, visit the nominations page on the PRSA-NY website. For inquiries regarding the awards and sponsorship opportunities surrounding the PRSA-NY 15 under 35 Awards, contact 15toFollow@prsany.org.
NOMINATE SOMEONE TODAY
Deadline to Enter Extended:
September 15th September 22nd
BECOME A SPONSOR OF THE 2017 15 UNDER 35 AWARDS
VIEW SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
INAUGURAL RECIPIENTS HONORED AT AWARDS LUNCHEON
2016 Photo Gallery | Awards Luncheon Program (.pdf) | “Awards Luncheon” Press Release
- Cessie Cerrato, Director, Public Relations, Palace Resorts
- Christa Conte, Vice President, Hotwire PR
- Katie Creaser, Vice President, Affect
- Adam Davis, Vice President, Corporate Communications, IMAX Corporation
- Tori Fernandes, Director, Global Media Relations & Issues Management, Nielsen
- Ariana Finlayson, Senior Digital Engagement Strategist, MMC
- Rida Bint Fozi, Senior Account Supervisor, The TASC Group
- Bettina Garibaldi, Vice President/Director, Ketchum Inc.
- Kellie Jelencovich, Senior Account Executive, MSLGroup
- Soogyung Cho Jordan, Global Head of Communications, S&P Dow Jones Indices
- Lauren Clifford Knudsen, Senior Vice President, J Public Relations
- Joanna Leis, Senior Account Executive, Finn Partners
- John Puskar, Vice President, Public Relations and ABC Campaign, Frontier Communications
- Justin Saia, Senior Director, Strategic Communications, Transactions, Crisis & Restructuring, FTI Consulting
- Shawna Gallagher Vega, APR, Director of Communications, Xavier High School
CONGRATULATIONS to all the recipients and 2016 entrants. The selection committee had a difficult task selecting only the top 15 honorees from the very strong pool of candidates. We are thrilled to see all the young talent the communications, marketing and public relations industry has to offer!
ABOUT THE AWARDS
Introduced in 2016, the awards will be presented annually. Nominations are open to anyone 35 and under who works in PR in the New York Metro area (in-house and/or at agencies, including self-nominees) with at least five years of PR experience.
Award recipients are chosen by a panel of distinguished industry judges as representing the “Best of the Best” in public relations practitioners
Winners will be announced via a press release and introduced at the 2017 PRSA-NY Big Apple Awards Gala, the New York PR community’s biggest night of the year.
An awards luncheon for the honorees and their colleagues, family and friends will follow in Summer 2017.
- Award recipients will also be invited to sit on the PRSA-NY Young Professionals Advisory Committee, part of the PRSA-NY Board of Directors, through December 2018.
Questions about the 15 Under 35 Awards can be sent to email@example.com.
Thank you to our 2016 15 Under 35 Sponsors!