Online registration is now closed. Walk-in registration will be available this evening at the venue.
(An additional $5 fee will apply for onsite registration)
Meet the Media: Technology
The technology media landscape moves at a rapid pace as new and exciting developments happen around the clock. Whether it's about the latest Virtual Reality trend, a unique app emerging onto the scene, or a massive cyber attack, tech journalists often churn out multiple stories a day on a very tight timeline. Given the speed at which this space moves, reporters are flooded with pitches every day - sometimes with ones that are not appropriate for their specific beat under the larger technology umbrella.
Join us for our Meet the Media: Technology event that will guide PR professionals in:
- Making sure their pitches stand out in a time-sensitive and competitive industry
- Understanding the distinctions between the different beats and areas of interest for tech reporters
- Tips on building a mutually beneficial relationship with tech reporters - and how this differs from other verticals
- Detailing tech reporters' preferred methods for receiving pitches and ongoing communication
- Positioning your expert as a stand-out source in an industry that requires deep technical expertise
- Katie Creaser – Vice President, Affect
Speakers include (additional speakers to be announced):
- Jeff John Roberts – Law & Tech Reporter, Fortune
- Marc Ferranti – Editor in Chief, IDG News Service
- Shira Ovide – Technology Columnist, Bloomberg Gadfly
- Nicholas Deleon – Consumer Technology Editor, Vice Media's Motherboard
- Cale Weissman – Reporter, Fast Company
Hear from these leading technology reporters on news gathering techniques, how they work, insights into their specialty areas and how to effectively target them to secure stand-out coverage for your client or brand.
Find out how to catch journalists' attention and make the most of it during a lively and interactive Q&A with our experts. There will be networking opportunities before and after the event. Drinks and snacks will be served.
6:00 – 6:30 PM Registration/Networking
6:30 – 6:40 PM Welcome & Opening Remarks
6:40 – 7:30 PM Program
7:30 – 7:50 PM Q&A
7:50 – 8:00 PM Closing Remarks
Student/New Professionals: $25
Pride Global's Flight Deck
420 Lexington Avenue, 30th Floor
New York, NY 10170
Photograph and Video Policy
PRSA-NY often photographs or records footage of its events and by attending the event you may be photographed or filmed. PRSA-NY may use any such footage to promote PRSA-NY in any manner and in any media for any purpose whatsoever throughout the world.
Reservations and cancellations will be accepted until 12 noon the business day prior to the event and must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not cancel by the deadline you remain responsible for the registration fee. On-site registration will be available (space permitting) for an additional fee of $5.00