Online registration is now closed. Walk-in registration will be available at the door.
A $5 additional fee will be applied for onsite registration
Meet the Media: Healthcare Media
The healthcare media landscape moves at a rapid pace as promising medical treatments and new drug developments occur around the globe. Healthcare journalists often produce multiple stories per day on a very tight timeline. Given the speed at which these beat reporters move, reporters are flooded with pitches every day and have a long list screening methods of potential stories.
Join us for our Meet the Media: Healthcare event that will guide PR professionals in:
- Making sure pitches stand out in a time-sensitive and competitive area
- Understanding the distinctions between the different beats and areas of demand
- New tips on building win/win relationships with reporters, versus other verticals
- Reporters' preferred methods for receiving pitches and ongoing communication
- Positioning yourself or platform as expert sources
Moderator: Nancie Steinberg, Media Relations Strategist
Nancie is a global health care specialist for brands with high-impact social issues. She is known for bolstering client recognition using both traditional and social channels to influence target audiences.
- Dan Childs, Managing Editor of the ABC News Medical Unit
- Peter Haskell, WCBS radio Reporter
- Julie Revelant, Writer for Fox News
- Bob Tedeschi, Senior Writer, STAT (STATnews.com)
- Susan Wagner, Senior Coordinating Producer, Medical Unit, NBC
- Lynya Floyd, Health Director, Family Circle
6:00 – 6:30 PM Registration/Networking
6:30 – 6:40 PM Welcome & Opening Remarks
6:40 – 7:30 PM Program
7:30 – 7:50 PM Q&A
7:50 – 8:00 PM Closing Remarks
Student/New Professionals: $25
Photograph and Video Policy
PRSA-NY often photographs or records footage of its events and by attending the event you may be photographed or filmed. PRSA-NY may use any such footage to promote PRSA-NY in any manner and in any media for any purpose whatsoever throughout the world.
Reservations and cancellations will be accepted until 12 noon the business day prior to the event and must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not cancel by the deadline you remain responsible for the registration fee. On-site registration will be available (space permitting) for an additional fee of $5.00.